This blog shows some new techniques and many photos of a recent collaboration and commission for a client here in New York.
Past students may remember a demonstration in class where I used oil paints on stained glass. This "The Granier" commission, French for the Baker, was a perfect project to demonstrate this technique. My steps included:
- Meeting the clients to see the location for the art to be hung and observe the colors of the room
- Reviewing possible themes, schedule and price
- Presenting small digital sketches
- Choice and revisions on digital sketch
- Presenting a full-size color paper printout of the design in different sizes to choose which looked best in the room.
- Presenting a glass sample (see image above)
- Drop off and hang final work
Images of the final work:
The work measures about 20 x 20 inches, and is set into a stainless steel frame with LED backlighting.